Around a three-hour drive from Perth, Margaret River is a popular holiday destination not just with residents of Western Australia’s capital city but with people from all over the country. One of the reasons the region attracts a large number of visitors year-on-year is the wide variety of activities and attractions it has to offer and if you are planning a trip to this part of the country, our must do list is sure to come in handy. You can pick a few suggestions and incorporate them into your itinerary or, if you are planning an extended break, perhaps you will manage to squeeze them all in during your stay.
Whatever you decide to see and do on your holiday, you will not find a better place to stay than right here at Constellation Apartments: our centrally-located 1-bedroom apartments are among the best-value Margaret River luxury accommodation you will find and boast all the modern conveniences you need for a wonderfully relaxing break.
Top Margaret River Attractions: Our Recommendations
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse – The stunning views over the nearby coastline and the Indian Ocean make this attraction a must visit destination for anyone who appreciates natural beauty. Situated on the most south-westerly point of mainland Australia, it is the tallest lighthouse on the mainland and is still in operation today, over 120 years after it first opened. You can hire a guide if you are interested in learning more about the fascinating history of this unique lighthouse or wander round on your own and just enjoy the view. It is about a 40-minute drive from Constellation Apartments, making it an ideal destination for a day trip while you are staying with us.
- Yallingup Surf School – The world-class waves that South West Australia has to offer make it a favourite destination among both experienced surfers and novices alike. If you have always fancied giving it a go, you should head to Yallingup Surf School to get some personal coaching from a team of experienced instructors. Catering to surfers of all ages and abilities, the school is still worth visiting even if you have a fair amount of experience under your belt already. Yallingup is a similar distance from our apartments in a northerly direction as Cape Leeuwin is to the South.
- Eagles Heritage Wildlife Centre – Although it is a relatively small centre, Eagles Heritage is home to the biggest collection of birds of prey in the whole of Australia. What’s more, it is only a 5-minute drive from our luxury accommodation in Margaret River WA so if you don’t get to see everything you wanted to on your first visit, you can pop back whenever you fancy. A wide variety of owls, falcons, hawks, and, of course, eagles can be found at the centre, and there are two shows a day, during which you can see black kites striking in flight and learn more about these fascinating birds. You can also see the world’s largest bird of prey – the wedge-tailed eagle – up close and personal when you visit this wildlife centre.
- Margaret River Farmer’s Market – If you are visiting from Perth and you would like to stock up on some of the fantastic fresh produce for which this region is renowned, bring a cooler for the drive home and stop off at the farmer’s market that is held every Saturday from 8am – 12pm on the corner of Farrelly Street and Tunbridge Street, by the local hospital. Just a 5-minute walk from your apartment, this market is full of local vendors selling everything from cheese and meats, to fresh fruits and vegetables. You will also find a wide selection of delicious baked goods, sweets, wines, herbs, preserves and condiments for sale.
- Morries Anytime – Even closer than the farmer’s market is Morries Anytime, a great spot for lunch, dinner or just a snack whenever you are feeling peckish. This popular Margaret River restaurant serves a mouth-watering selection of dishes made from the fine local produce, accompanied by some of the best wines for which this region is justly famous. If you are on a family holiday, you will be pleased to know that Morries also has a great value-for-money kids menu with steak and veggies, chicken and veggies, fish and chips, and other dishes that your children are sure to love. Constellation Apartments partner with Morries Anytime and offers a dinner voucher as part of the Serendipity package.
- The Horse Resort – About 10-20 minutes from the centre of town, depending on the time of year you visit, this attraction provides visitors with the opportunity to explore the beautiful local countryside on horseback. All the horses are well trained, making them suitable for beginners as well as experienced riders. If you have children and they have expressed an interest in learning how to ride, you will not find a better location in which they can realise their equestrian ambitions.
- Amaze’n Margaret River – Located about a 5-minute drive to the south of Constellation Apartments is this massive hedge maze that provides hours of fun for visiting kids and their parents too. In addition to the main maze, you will find a number of smaller mazes and other games on the property.
- Lake Cave – This underground cave is reached via a doline (a sinkhole) and is home to a placid lake that mirrors the rock formations above it. It also features a stunning crystal formation know as the suspended table, which weighs several tonnes and is thought to be the only one of its kind anywhere in the world.
As you can see, Constellation Apartments is in a great location for those who wish to explore all the local attractions and as far as Margaret River accommodation for luxury lovers is concerned, you will not find a better place to stay. Call now to reserve your apartment!